On Business outside of the EU
What to keep in Mind when Travelling for Business Internationally
Country-specific entry requirements: visa, passport, etc.
- Your visa: generally speaking, you must apply for your visa at the appropriate embassy or consulate general prior to travelling. However, a word of caution: applying for a visa takes time so you should plan accordingly. In order to enquire whether a visa is required and—if so—how long the entire process will take, contact the Foreign & Commonwealth Office as well as the specific government agency that will be issuing your visa.
- Your passport: A valid passport is necessary for international business travel, yet in many cases, by no means sufficient. Passports are often required to have a minimum period of validity, such as six months.
- Your driving licence: In the event that you would like to drive while abroad, you should find out whether your UK driving licence is valid in your country of destination. If this is not the case you can apply for an international driving licence. The appropriate agency may vary according to city. You can generally find information concerning this matter on your city’s citizens’ services website.
Customs regulations: what you can import and export
Different countries, different customs: etiquette for international business travel
Ready for anything—how to remain calm in case of an emergency
This may also interest you.
New technologies are constantly changing traveller experience. Overview of what awaits travellers in the coming years.
As a substantial cost center, employee business trips are often unavoidable, so it is crucial to know how to take full advantage of this form of expenditure for everyone's well-being.
Check out our business travel offers
- ACCOR BUSINESS OFFER Receive your negotiated rates by booking in your preferred hotels from our network of over 3,500 worldwide!
- BUSINESS PLUS MULTI-BRAND CARD This flexible offer is tailored to individual travellers as well as companies and offers up to 20% discount on hotel nights worldwide.
- CORPORATE CONTRACTS Customised contracts! Select your preferred destinations and hotels and we will offer you an annual contract with specially negotiated terms and rates.